If you would like to report a bug, please
send us an e-mail.
History and Recent Fixes:
April 7, 2019 Proxy Manager 18.104.22.1681
- New: Proxy Manager now now supports per-email address
signatures. Whenever a new message or a reply is created, the appropriate
signature is selected. Selecting a different address for which a
signature is specified, will insert (or the replace the old signature with)
the signature associated with that address.
February 16, 2019 Proxy Manager 22.214.171.1249
- Bug fix: When replying or forwarding
using an inline reply in Outlook 2016 (January 2019 update), the reply would
get sent, but it would also sometimes pop up in a separate inspector instead
of just closing.
- Bug fix: Proxy Manager would sometimes
fail to show its Options dialog box when clicking File | Proxy Manager
Options in Outlook.
January 24, 2019 Proxy Manager 126.96.36.1995
- Bug fix: it could take a log time for
the Options dialog to appear on machines configured with invalid or slow DNS
- Bug fix: if the Exchange account
password was updated, but Proxy Manager still used the odd password, the
messages could be successfully sent, but a copy would be left in the Outbox
- New: Proxy Manager now allows to add
arbitrary SMTP addresses. Note that this feature only works with
non-Exchange SMTP servers as Exchange Server does not allow sender address
spoofing. Right-click on the address list to add an extra address.:
November 25, 2018 Proxy Manager 188.8.131.525
This releases focuses primarily on the performance and stability issues.
- New: Outlook 2019 is now fully supported
- Stability fix: Sometimes Outlook
reported that Proxy Manager was too slow to start up and disabled it.
- Bug fix: Voting options (if set) were lost if a
message was sent by Proxy Manager.
June 9, 2018 Proxy Manager 184.108.40.2065.
This releases focuses primarily on the performance and stability issues.
- New: Proxy Manager is now optimized to
work with large (100+) number of aliases and is much faster even with
Note that icons were removed from the address drop down due
to a GDI object leak in Outlook (which can lead to an Outlook crash).
- New: On June 1, 2018, Microsoft turned on an
Office 365 feature that will cause all messages sent through SMTP to be
automatically saved in the Sent Items folder. This will cause duplicates if
a message is sent using an older version of Proxy Manager.
New: You can now hide some proxy SMTP aliases from the
April 22 2018 Proxy Manager 220.127.116.111
- New: Proxy Manager now automatically picks up and allows
to send through the SMTP addresses of all delegate Exchange mailboxes on
whose behalf the current user has the right to send messages ("Send on
behalf" permission on the Exchange Server).
- Bug fix: Proxy Manager always saved the sent message in the
default Sent Items folder instead of checking if the message was set by the
user to be saved in a different folder.
- Bug fix: Proxy Manager could not connect to an SMTP
DirectAccess or if the SMTP server was only accessible through IPv6.
- Bug fix: Proxy Manager sometimes caused Outlook to crash
if it was manually disabled from File | Options | Addins in
- Bug fix: in case of multiple mail
accounts, Redemption did not sort the email addresses based on the order of
the accounts (with the default account coming first).
February 4 2018 Proxy Manager 18.104.22.1685
- Proxy Manager now supports TLS 1.2 -
Microsoft plans turn it on for its Office 365 Exchange servers in March
2018, the older versions of TLS will be disabled.
- Sending a signed/encrypted message sometimes created and NDR with the
IMessage.CopyTo: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED error.
- Proxy Manager now keeps its credentials in sync with the credentials
used by Outlook - if Exchange account password changes, you do not need to
enter the new password in Proxy Manager.
- Proxy Manager sometimes created an non-delivery report even if the
message was successfully submitted if the SMTP server unexpectedly
terminated the connection after the message was transmitted but before Proxy
Manager attempted to log off.
- Proxy Manager now allows to reclaim the license key by deleting the
license on a machine where it was previously installed (Options |
Register dialog box).
March 18, 2017 Proxy Manager 22.214.171.1247
- Proxy Manager sometimes caused Outlook to hang on start up.
- When Outlook was in the touch mode, sending an inline reply or forward
through Proxy Manager left the inline editor open. Clicking "Send" the
second time produced "The message was deleted" error by Outlook.
- Proxy Manager returned an authentication error under certain conditions.
- Proxy Manager could not handle NT-style user name in the
- Proxy Manager sometimes displayed an error message when a new Reply or
Forward window was opened.
- Proxy Manager now pre-populates SMTP server name for the outlook.com
November 11, 2015 Proxy Manager 126.96.36.1991
- Added support for Outlook 2016
- Proxy Manager now supports Danish language.
- By default, Proxy Manager always defaults the reply address to the proxy
address to which the original message being replied to was sent. A new
option was added to the Proxy Manager Options dialog box - "Always reply
from the original address used to send the original message to". Unchecking
that option forces Proxy Manager to default to the primary SMTP address of
the Exchange account (unless
another address is selected).
- Editing of the display names associated with the proxy addresses by the
end user can now be prevented by creating a DWORD registry value named
CanEditNames with the value of 0 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AdvancedMessagingSystems\ProxyMan
- Proxy Manager no longer requires to specify the SMTP user name. If your
server performs authentication based on the IP address, you can leave the
user name edit box empty; Proxy Manager will skip the SMTP authentication.
July 13, 2015 Proxy Manager 188.8.131.52
- Proxy Manager now supports German, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese and Russian
languages. The language is automatically selected on Outlook startup based on the
Microsoft Office UI language as specified by the OfficeUILanguage
registry value in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shared.
- You can now specify the SMTP connection timeout (10 seconds by default)
when using a high latency connection. Create a Timeout value
(either string or DWORD) in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AdvancedMessagingSystems\ProxyMan
The value is in milliseconds; for example, to set a 60 seconds timeout the
must be 60000.
June 3, 2015 Proxy Manager 184.108.40.206
- Proxy Manager sometimes showed no proxy addresses in the Options dialog
- Proxy Manager caused messages to be sent as the primary mailbox owner if
a delegate user (not in the list of proxy addresses) was selected from the
Proxy Manager address dropdown
March 01, 2015 Proxy Manager 220.127.116.11
- Proxy Manager attempted to send the message when a delegate (not a
proxy) address was selected resulting in the "DATA command: 550 5.7.1
Client does not have permissions to send as this sender" error
February 21, 2015 Proxy Manager 18.104.22.168
- Sometimes when sending to an internal .Exchange recipient, the message
either was not sent to that mailbox, or an NDR was generated with the error
code of "The message has no recipients".
January 11, 2015 Proxy Manager 22.214.171.124
- Proxy Manager did not list POP3/SMTP and IMAP4/SMTP accounts in its
- Messages sent through the default Exchange SMTP address (not handled by
Proxy Manager) sometimes caused NDRs on replies due to an invalid sender
SMTP address (e.g.
December 26, 2014 Proxy Manager 126.96.36.199
- First version of Proxy Manager is released